neljapäev, märts 08, 2007

SP 10 Questions

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I prefere natural fibers, but if tehre are something interesting for effect then I use it. But merino, alpaca, angora and silk are my fawourites. But if tehre are something interesting like camel or dog wool I would like to try them too. My recent discoveri is bamboo and sisal wools. And I have heard about yarn made of milk.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Husband made me really beautiful box for my needles and hooks. My engagement ring was in it. Other needles are around the flat with UFOs.


3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been crocheting and knitting since childhood. So I cud consider myself advanced knitter. I also attend some classes to get degree of professional crafter.


4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes I have wish list.

5. What's your favorite scent?
Something tropical

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Chocolate is my favourite. But I am willing to try anithing new and interesting. Especially if it is traditional or typical to the country my pal is living.


7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Oh well... There are so many things I have tried or like to do. If I only have enough time to do them all. I do knitting, crocheting, bobbin lace, different types of felting, pachwork, tatting, beadwork, needlepoint, macrame, weaving, silk painting, sewing, quilting, folk art. I like to combine different styles and materials. I own quite lot of books about Estonian folc clothes and patterns. Also I have tryed to do shirdak capets (Tykmenistan felted carpets). Also I'm interested in old clothes and costume history. I do them for the dolls. And cloth dolls is my late passion. Now I can make them for my child.


8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listen almost everything. It depends on mood. I mostly listen classical music and musicals. I like Strauss, Edvard Grieg, Webber. Also I like Gipsy music and Irish music. And I like rock like Queen, Alice Cooper and Manowar.


9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love bright colors red, blue and gereen. But I also like natural nature colors. all kinds of shades. I dont stand gray. I like to combine different colors and materials. In north, where most of the winter is dark I like when colors give energy and light. But if there are some fine silk or merino lace weight yarn, then also white, cream, natural white and black are good.


10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married and we have a 4 months old son.


11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
yes I do. I do them myself.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
sweathers and maby some baby clothes from now on :)

13. What are you knitting right now?
Some socks and summer hat


14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
prefere circular needles. Short circular needles are really good. Especailly 40-50 cm needels. If needed, others too. And I prefere bamboo.


16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
NO

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Socks from 1994. It was school work and they are still somewhere

18. What is your favorite holiday?
My favorite holiday is midsummers day and Christmas.


19. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect bobbin-lace bobbins and thimbles. And I own library of craft books almost :) I just love books.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
List will be on separate page soon :P Kidding. I woul like books and they are so many that I like. See my big amazon list and I add something there almost every day.
Some patterns form Annies Attic I would like. But there is problem, because they don't send them to Europa. So if my pal is form US or Canada then you could help me.
I have
Vogue knitting and Novita subscription


21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would like to learn weaving properly. I would like to do my own set of national clothes. And dresses are there quite beautiful and colorful.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I do them sometimes. my foot is 37 in Europ


23. When is your birthday?
My birthday is on 2 of april

Kommentaare ei ole: