Here are my first answers. I will add smothing later I think
Well now I added something new:)
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
Yes I am yarn snob. I prefere natural fibers, but if tehre are something interesting for effect then I use it. But merino, alpaca, angora, silk, linen and cotton are my fawourites. But if tehre are something interesting like camel or dog wool I would like to try them too.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I crochet and love bobbin lace. I knit and do pach work. I felt and needle felt. I have my grandmothers spinningwheel but I dont know how to use it.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Husband made me really beautiful box for my needles and hooks. My engagement ring was in it. Other needles are around the flat with UFOs.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been crocheting and knitting since childhood. So I cud consider myself advanced knitter. I also attend some classes to get degree of professional crafter.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes I have wish list.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Chocolate is my favourite. But I am willing to try anithing new
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I do knitting, crocheting, bobbin lace, different types of felting, pachwork, tatting, beadwork, needlepoint, macrame, weaving, tatting, silk painting, sewing, quilting, folk art. I like to combine different styles and materials. I own quite lot of books about Estonian folc clothes and patterns. Also I have tryed to do shirdak capets (Tykmenistan felted carpets). Also I'm interested in old clothes and costume history. I do them for the dolls.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listen almost everything. It depends on mood. I mostly listen classical music and musicals. I like Strauss, Edvard Grieg, Webber. Also I like Gipsy music and Irish music. And I like rock like Queen, Alice Cooper and Manowar.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love bright colors red blue and gereen. But I also like natural nature colors. all kinds of shades. I dont stand gray. I like to combine different colors and materials. In north, where most of the winter is dark I like when colors give energy and light.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married, no children and no pets.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
yes I do. I do them myself.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Merino, alpaca, cashmere, angora wool. No particular brand.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
acryle in large amounts. If thei are for effect then OK. When wool consist over 50% synthetic fiber then it is not so good. If yarn feels cold and not so soft then it is not for me.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I would like to try shadow knitting. If I only had time.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
17. What are you knitting right now?
I crochet bikinis for magazine. Mittens are UFO
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I prefere circular needles. If needed others too
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo is my fawourite. They are worm and dont slip away while knitting. Also I like crochet hooks made of wood or bamboo or bone. My fater made me 2 woden hooks and they are greate. Unfortunately here we don't have so many bamboo or woden supplys. Just palastic and metal.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
22. How did you learn to knit?
from my mother. And some more in school but I hated it in there. I don't do anithing if they sai you MUST do it. I wold like to create myself. Then I forgoted it for long years and discovered again when I was at university. Now crafts are my obsession :)
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Socks from 1994
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
My favourite animal is tiger and bird eagle.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
My favorite holiday is midsummers day.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect bobbins and thimbles. And I own library of craft books almost :) I just love books.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Vogue knitting, Novita
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
List will be on separate page soon :P Kidding. I woul like books and they are so many that I like. See my big amazon list and I add something there almost every day.
Modular Knits : New Techniques for Today's Knitters by Iris Schreier
Folk Hats : 32 Knitting Patterns & Tales from Around the World (Folk Knitting series) by Vicki Square
Medieval Tailor's Assistant: Making Common Garments 1200-1500 by Sarah Thursfield
Shadow Knitting by Vivian Høxbro
Knitting on the Edge : Ribs * Ruffles * Lace * Fringes * Floral * Points & Picots - The Essential Collection of 350 Decorative Borders by Nicky Epstein
Knitting Over The Edge: Unique Ribs, Cords, Appliques, Color, Eclectic - The Second Essential Collection of Decorative Borders by Nicky Epstein
Antique Lace: Identifying Types and Techniques (Schiffer Book for Collectors)
by Heather Toomer
Renaissance Patterns for Lace, Embroidery, and Needlepoint (The Dover Pictorial Archives Series) by Federico Vinciolo
Needle-Made Laces and Net Embroideries : Reticella Work, Carrickmacross Lace, Princess Lace and Other Traditional Techniques by Doris Campbell Preston
And I just can go on and on with the list. Just about everyting about national cloths from different coutrys. STOP NOW
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would like to learn weaving properly. I would like to do my own set of national clothes. And dresses are there quite beautiful and colorful.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I do them sometimes. my foot is 37 in Europ
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
My birthday is on 2 of april
12 tundi tagasi